PNG’s Lowlands Agricultural Experiment Station at Keravat gets a new facelift to the value of K6.5million – courtesy of Australia-Papua New Guinea Incentive Fund. This historic agricultural centre will have a new office complex by mid 2013, replacing the old one which was destroyed by an accidential fire in April 2011.
The groundbreaking ceremony was held on August 10, 2012, which was attended by representatives from key stakeholders of the project. The new office complex will be named after David Loh, and will house offices for scientific officers and laboratories (3x), a conference room, a libarary and an outreach office. LAES was established in 1928 and is known for its many contributions to the PNG (and Pacific) agriculture sector over many years.