The call for proposals is now open for the Rio+20 SD-Learning. SD-Learning is a capacity building event planned for June 13-22 2012 in conjunction with the Rio+20 Conference in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The conference will consist of multiple courses on crucial aspects of sustainable development, aiming at providing participants with practical knowledge and hands-on training from experts around the world.
· Food security and sustainable agriculture
· Energy access and efficiency
· Sound water and land management
· Sustainable cities
· Management of the oceans
· Improving resilience and disaster preparedness
· Transition to green economy
· Coordinating institutional work at national level
· Sustainable consumption and production
· National legal frameworks conducive of sustainable development
· Monitoring progress towards sustainable development
· Means of implementation (financing, technology)
The deadline for submissions is February 28 2012.
For more information, or if you would like to submit a proposal for a course, please visit the SD-Learning website at www.uncsd2012.org/sdlearning.