The 2012 National Agriculture Conference will be staged at the NARI Multi-purpose Hall at Bubia near Lae, Morobe Province during May 24-25, 2012. Themed “Key Drivers for a Robust, Dynamic and Productive Agriculture Sector in PNG”, the two day event is being organised by the Consultative Implementation and Monitoring Council. The conference will be opened by Minister for Agriculture and Livestock Hon Dr Puka Temu.
Topics to include:
- Roles and responsibilities for agriculture in a changing PNG economy
- Current investment climate for agriculture sector analysis of the infrastructure services for agriculture development
- Experiences of SMEs in agriculture
- Research and development for food security and other main crops
- Access to financial support to developing agricultural sector
- Impact of extractive industries on the agricultural sector
More than 30 different presentations (both individual and joint) will be made by heads of organisations, experts and key players in various sectors, ranging from research and development organisations, government departments and statutory bodies, financial institutions, grower associations, donors and development partners, mining and resource development, educational institutions, private sector and NGOs.
There will be an outdoor exhibition by participating organisations and groups at the conference venue.
To register or for further enquiries, contact the CIMC Secretriat: Ignatius or Dunika on Phone: 321 1714 Fax: 321 1718 Email: Ignatius.Kadiko@cimcpng.org or Dunika.Ula@cimcpng.org.
CIMC is an independent organisation that brings together civil society, private sector and government partners to develop policy and directly influence and monitor government decision making for the long term development of Papua New Guinea.